Welcome to our new members! Thank you for joining us and continue to spread the word!
This time, we travel to Mongolia. In Mongolian, “nature” can be expressed as “baigali” (Байгаль, ᠪᠠᠶᠢᠭᠠᠯᠢ), echoing the name of Lake Baikal.
If you want to share your stories about the worldviews of nature, please feel free to contact us. Texts can be short and the format is free.
If you have any other information to share with the network (events, new publications, conferences, call for paper, etc.), let us know and we will spread the word.
- Call for paper for the Asia Pacific Society for Agricultural and Food Ethics (APSAFE) Virtual Conference, Dec. 3-16th 2020, online. Deadline for submissions: June 30th.
- Online lecture on July 3rd 2020 (in Japanese) on “After Covid19: Minamata patients’ ecological philosophy” by Orika Komatsubara. Register by July 2nd.
- “Coursera” Online Free course on “Asian Environmental Humanities: Landscapes in Transition”, Start on July 20th 2020.
- Call for paper for a Special Issue of the Asian Affairs Journal on the subject of “The Environment and Social Justice in Asia”. Deadline for submissions: 15 September 2020.
- Call for a Special Issue for the Journal “Ethical Theory and Moral Practice” on Ethics in Asian Philosophical Traditions. Deadline for the first round of applications: October 1, 2020.
Have a beautiful day!
Orika Komatsubara and Laÿna Droz
Coordination for the Network of Asian Environmental Philosophy