We have exciting news! We are organizing a workshop on the Meanings of Nature in East and South-East Asia. This project aims to show the high diversity of conceptions of “nature” (and therefore of conceptions of humans) in East Asia and South-East Asia.
Please find the invitation with the details here. To facilitate the discussions during the workshop, we would like to collect draft contributions in advance. If you are interested in contributing and if you have any question, concern or suggestion, please send us an email as soon as possible (firstname.lastname@example.org), and we will be in touch.
- Get to know each other, encourage collaboration, and develop NAEP.
- Online workshop around July 21-31. Fill up the doodle by June 20th!
- Publish a co-authored peer-reviewed paper with the results of the contributions and discussions.
- Feature each contribution on NAEP’s website.
Other upcoming events and calls:
- Virtual Event “Writing with Water: Postcolonial Eco-literature in Taiwan” on June 29 2021.
- Call for paper for the Online Critical Legal Conference “Ecocide/Speciesism: Legislating Hierarchy, Interdependence, Death” on 2–4 September 2021 (Deadline: 30 June 2021).
- Call for paper for the Palgrave Handbook of Southern Green Criminology (Deadline abstracts: 1 July 2021).
- Call for paper for the Special issue of the Journal Criminological Encounters “Critical green criminology goes rural: environmental crimes, harms and conflicts in rural areas and communities” (Deadline abstracts: July 28, 2021).
- Call for Papers: Journal of Ecohumanism (Deadline: 30 September 2021).
- Call for paper for the Fourth International Conference on Philosophy and Meaning in Life on January 17-19, 2022 (Deadline: October 1, 2021).
Any upcoming event, publications or call for paper to share? Please feel free to contact us, and we will share them widely.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Orika Komatsubara and Laÿna Droz
Coordination for the Network of Asian Environmental Philosophy