Time is flying quickly.
Thank you to those who participated in our brainstorming session this summer. We will get back to you shortly with the next steps. If you’re interested in taking part in or seeking collaborators for a common project, don’t hesitate to reach out and we will rely your call.
Upcoming events and calls:
– Last-Minute Call for Papers for the “Handbook of Critical Respiratory Studies: Breath and Air in Humanities and Social Sciences” (general editors: Magdalena Górska and Lenart Škof, Springer). For the moment we are looking for interested contributors to communicate just a provisional title, short bio and a minimal abstract by November 3, to collect them in our full proposal. As per title, we especially welcome in the first section contributions that engage with breathing from cross-cultural perspectives.
– Last-Minute Call for Papers for a panel organized by Subarna De on Bioregional History and the Global South. If you are interested, or for more info, please reach out as soon as possible. The Fourth World Congress of Environmental History general Call for Papers is open until April 23, 2023.
– Call for Papers on “Nature and the Social Order since the 1970s” by November 28th
– Call for Papers for a Special Issue on Environmental Philosophy – Diálogos: The Journal of the Department of Philosophy of the University of Puerto Rico by December 5 (https://philevents.org/event/show/103818 )
– Call for Contributions to Edited Volume “Women Who Write Animals” by 23 December 2022
– Call for Papers for the Fifth International Conference on Philosophy and Meaning in Life by January 31, 2023
– Call for Papers on “Considering Future Generations in Democratic Governance” by 15 June 2023
– Postdoctoral Position in the Intellectual History at the Department of Global Studies on “Unearthing Multispecies Intellectual History: Earthing Trajectories of Area Studies”
Finally, Nguyen Duy Hung, a member from Vietnam, launched a new International Project Collaboration (IPC) Program with SOLEN JSC. It is along the lines of NAEP’s vision, but mainly focusing on technical and managing aspects. They have already started collaborations with Indonesia and Myanmar. Reach out for more!
As usual, if you have any question, suggestions, event, publications, call for paper, ideas for projects or anything else to share, please feel free to contact us!
Orika Komatsubara and Laÿna Droz
Coordination for the Network of Asian Environmental Philosophy