Welcome to our new members!
The network’s project on the diversity of conceptions of “nature” in East Asia and South-East Asia is progressing, and we are looking forward to sharing with you later the outputs of our working group. Meanwhile, if you would like to join us, just write to us!
Upcoming events and calls:
- Webinar on Asian Ecocinema in the Anthropocene on 24 September 2021 with Prof. Kiu-wai Chu, Singapour.
- The “Modern East Asian Literature Research Cluster” offers a series of talks starting on Sept. 29 (Hong Kong).
- Call for Paper for the Asia and the Anthropocene: Visions of Being Human in a More-than-Human World (San Diego, USA).
- Call for Paper for the Fourth International Conference on Philosophy and Meaning in Life on January 17-19, 2022, online (Deadline: October 1, 2021).
- Call for Paper for the Annual Conference of the European Network of Japanese Philosophy “(Counter)influences” , on February 1–4, 2022, Hungary (Deadline 15th October 2021).
- Call for Paper for a virtual workshop Halo-Halo Ecologies: a Transnational Workshop on Emergent Philippine Environments and Foodways in June 2022 (Deadline: Oct 30, 2021).
- The AMOR MUNDI Lab, an intersectional research initiative in the Global South on the relations between human and more-than-human organizes a series of talks, some of them related to Asia.
- The Facebook group “Asian Ecocriticism/ Environmental Humanities in Asia“ shares interesting events and information.
If you have any question, suggestions, event, publications, call for paper, idea for projects or anything else to share, please feel free to contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org)!
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Orika Komatsubara and Laÿna Droz
Coordination for the Network of Asian Environmental Philosophy