We are excited to announce that we are organizing NAEP’s first public Online Symposium, on 17-18 June 2022 on the theme “Diversity of Environmental Philosophies in Asia”. We welcome abstracts (200-250 words) for individual presentations, panels and workshops proposals (submission by email to email@example.com, by February 21st 2022). Participation is free and the primary language is English, but we welcome suggestions in other languages. We are interested in a broad range of questions including but not limited to:
- Can we speak of “Asian Environmental Philosophy”?
- How is environmental philosophy conducted and practised in different contexts and traditions in Asia?
- What are the influences of these ideas on the local ways of life?
- What could be the role of Asian environmental philosophies in a global context?
- What are the challenges and opportunities faced by environmental philosophy scholars in Asia?
- What is the role of Indigenous knowledge in Asia to address environmental issues?
Please share the Call for Papers widely. You can download the document and the poster from here !
Other upcoming events and calls:
- Call for Papers for the International Society for Environmental Ethics 19th Annual Summer Meeting, on June 29-July 2, 2022 at Seili island, Finland. (Deadline: December 31, 2021).
- Call for Papers on “Non-Western Approaches in Environmental Humanities”, July 11-13, 2022 (Deadline: January 15).
- Four NAEP’s members will share a panel at the Annual Conference of the European Network of Japanese Philosophy “(Counter)influences”, on February 1–4, 2022, among other presentations including on Asian environmental philosophy (hybrid, free).
- Many contributions from Asia at The Fourth International Conference on Philosophy and Meaning in Life on January 17-19, 2022, online.
- New book on “Chinese Environmental Ethics”
- Special Issue of the South Asian Review on “The Environment of South Asia”
- Free online course “Asian Environmental Humanities: Landscapes in Transition” re-running.
If you have any question, suggestions, event, publications, call for paper, idea for projects or anything else to share, please feel free to contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org)!
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Orika Komatsubara and Laÿna Droz
Coordination for the Network of Asian Environmental Philosophy